Antlers at Vail’s Ski Break Offers Lift/Lodging/Fitness Package for Men
Vail, Colorado – June 16, 2008 – Girlfriends’ weekends are all the rage, but who says men don’t sometimes want to leave behind the responsibilities of work and family and have some fun together? In fact, a group of Canadian men have created an annual pilgrimage to the Antlers at Vail for a week of skiing, partying and male bonding; they’ve dubbed the event “Same Time, Next Year” and last year 60 men attended, with ages ranging from 30-something to 86.
This winter, the Antlers at Vail hotel offers a lodging/lift ticket package that’s perfect for friends’ getaways. The Antlers’ “Value Vail” package (Jan 3 – 30, 2009) offers a 25 percent discount on a five-night, five-day deal starting at $998 per person for four people in a two-bedroom condo – including four-day lift tickets for all four!
From the Antlers it’s just a two-minute walk to the Vail Gondola, which whisks skiers to the top of the mountain in a mere eight minutes. Apres ski, guys can unwind at the Antler’s sparkling heated-year-’round outdoor pool and hot tubs, and use the convenient on-site saunas and fitness room. For a more complete workout, men can request complimentary passes to the nearby Vail Athletic Club, which boasts Vail’s only indoor climbing wall plus LeMond spin bikes, fitness classes, free weights, cardiovascular equipment and steam/shower facilities.
The Antlers at Vail offers condominiums ranging from studio suites up to four bedrooms, with fully-equipped kitchens, fireplaces, outdoor balconies, free Internet access and a heated parking garage. Every room has plenty of room to spread out and all the comforts of home. Plenty of restaurants, galleries and shops are within walking distance of the Antlers, and for especially ‘manly’ men the friendly staff can even provide directions to the nearest electronics and auto parts stores.
Eco-conscious guys will appreciate Vail’s commitment to sustainability; Vail Mountain is one of just 28 ski areas that offsets 100 percent of its energy use with renewable energy. The Antlers at Vail is also proud to be a Green Star-rated business; Green Star (www.greenstarinc.org) is a voluntary national program that assists businesses in taking a hands-on role in caring for the environment. For more information, call 1-800-843-8245 or visit the Antlers web site at www.antlersvail.com.
5 Tips for Guys Who Ski On the Cheap
Vail’s rep may be for glitter and glam, but smart skiers prefer champagne powder at draft beer prices—and with plenty of après-ski fun to boot. The Antlers at Vail hotel’s staff of savvy insiders offers five ideas for enjoying the snow scene without the sacrifice:
1) Night Light: The Back Bowl offers retro bowling in a high-tech facility, including Neon Nights’ glow-in-the-dark balls. (970) 328-BOWL, www.thebackbowl.com.
2) Free Tunes: The Bud Light Street Beat Free Concert Series is offered Wednesday evenings mid-December through early April in Vail Village. www.vvf.org.
3) Cheap Eats: Savor a Coleman beef Lark burger with organic fixings plus a beer for under $20 at Larkspur at the base of Chair 6; bite into a Big Cheesy Calzone at Bagali’s funky Lava Lounge, West Vail; or order a slice and a beer at ski patrol hangout Vendetta’s on Bridge Street, Vail.
4) Board Story: View primitive gear and ski-world legends at the free Colorado Ski & Snow Museum at the Vail Transportation Center. (970) 476-1876, www.skimuseum.net.
5) Breaking News: Vail Daily’s events calendar tracks happenings around town with information on area restaurants, bars and nightclubs; www.vaildaily.com.