I’ve got your shoe

When was the last time you got home and realized that you were wearing one of your shoes … and one of somebody else’s?  Any chance it made you think about how much you’d had to drink?

Last night we had our end-of-the-season employee party.  After an awesome dinner at the Outback Steakhouse in Avon (Foster’s is Australian for “beer” you know), we went bowling.  In case you were wondering, they serve beer there too.  In my defense (actually there is no defense) at the bowling alley you have to take off your shoes and then put them back on later.  Seems simple enough, but apparently not always.  Here’s the voicemail that SOMEONE left for Greg later that night.

I can’t imagine that you’ll have trouble following along (it’s crystal clear) but just in case, here’s a transcript:

Hi again, I still like that message.  Hey I just got home … took off my shoes … I took off my shoes and one of them isn’t … isn’t mine …….  I’ve got …. I’ve got your shoe

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “I’ve got your shoe”

1. Greg says:

I said to Randi “Someone took my left shoe”. She said ” He must have done it on purpose. No one could be that….” After listening to the message, I realized that some people are just brighter than me and have the ability to put on shoes while never looking down. I flipped that infamous left shoe off 4 times and twisted my ankle in the process while trying to walk home. I wonder if this qualifies for a workers comp. claim?

2. Randi says:

I think I’ve listened to this recording about a dozen times and it still makes me laugh and tear up! If I ever need a pick me up – this will do it. Your laughter in this is the best!

3. Jimbo says:

Robbo – Awesome. Can’t stop laughing. Your laughter is most infectious. We’ve all done “things”, but that was a classic.
    Reminds me of when I drove home with both of my shoes, but without Boomer. I left him at the pancake house. I just decided that I HAD TO get home, and so I did. I just totally spaced on the fact that I was not alone in a pancake house @ 2:00 a.m. Poor Boomer had to walk back to the Cork & Cleaver, and hitch a ride home with the janitor.

4. bacongirl says:

Funniest message ever! I defy anyone to listen to this clip and not crack up. Thanks to both of you for sharing a very funny story. It’s a classic.

5. Finney says:

You must include me on all future parties. I’ll bring the shoes! Af

6. Jo-Anne Scott says:

Jimbo is correct, that laughter is soo infectious, I wondered if you were hyperventalating. Also, judging from the condition of the four shoes, I would head on down to my nearest shoe store and purchase a brand spankin new pair. Great story. I bet every time you drive by a bowling alley there will be a smile on your faces. P.S. that laugh reminds me of some cartoon dog from long ago, can’t remember which cartoon it was. He laughed the same way!

7. Polly says:

I know you guys weren’t drinking! It must be from that high of a good game of bowling.

8. Nicole Z. says:

I love how Rob starts out so serious on the message and then just busts up laughing. Guess you don’t always “have to be there” for a story to be funny, and catching a moment like that on recording doesn’t hurt either! Good Stuff!

9. Kati S says:

hahahahaha… thanks for posting! i miss you guys and those bowling trips. at least they’re both clogs…

10. Carl B. says:

That is hilarious, thanks for giving our office a good laugh this morning.

11. Tina Strauss-Mann says:

Too funny.Looking forward to having you guys on monday night league. We can make some more memories. LOL

12. Lillian says:

TOO FUNNY ROB!!!! Giggles are great! Nothing like a beloved pair of shoes! Sounds like you guys need your own bowling shoes! Different colors of course. Ha! My friends have loved this post!

13. Hap says:

Too Funny for words. Can that laugh and sell it to Hollywood.

14. bacongirl says:

I just listened to this for the twentieth time and it still gets me! Thanks for many, many guffaws.