Left, soaring with Zipline Adventures; center, the Antlers at Vail hotel; right, the Antlers trademark loaner bikes
1. Vail’s ideal for a ‘walkabout.’ Whether you’re into scaling fourteeners, hiking up Vail Mountain or taking an easy stroll along the banks of Gore Creek, the Vail area has an abundance of trails, parks and paths for people of all ages, abilities and walks of life (pun intended). At the Antlers at Vail hotel, the staff will happily recommend off-the-beaten-path hiking and walking tours – and with a little urging, they might even personally show you their favorite trail.
2. Do something you’ve never done before. Go on a real cattle drive. Kayak. Soar on a zipline. Vail offers dozens of unique experiences and activities, from four-wheeling to hot-air-ballooning to flyfishing and more.
3. Spread out and stay awhile. The Antlers is rated #1 on TripAdvisor in Vail specialty lodging for good reason - it’s a convenient home base for families, with bunkrooms for small families, spacious four-bedroom suites for large families, and dog-friendly rooms for pets with families. The Antlers at Vail staff is happy to organize reunions for extended families, too.
4. Embrace your inner reindeer. Guests are welcome to borrow one of the Antlers’ trademark, antlers-adorned bicycles, and cruise around town or follow the bike path along Gore Creek.
5. Want more two-wheeler thrills? Rent a mountain bike from Charter Sports, catch the gondola to the top and cruise down the winding bike path – rated one of the top mountain biking trails in Colorado.
6. Let your kids burn energy. At the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola, Adventure Ridge offers bungee jumping, a climbing wall, mini golf, horseback riding and other exciting activities for kids.
7. Listen to a symphony under the stars. Watch a ballet. Celebrate the heart of soul music. From the Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival to the Bud Light Hot Summer Nights Concert Series, Vail offers a rich offering of performing arts and music festivals all summer long. And since the Antlers at Vail is the residence hotel for the New York Philharmonic, you might even hear the sounds of a world-reknowned musician practicing during the day.
Since 1972, the Antlers at Vail hotel has offered a unique Vail lodging experience in a relaxed mountain setting. The Antlers is the proud recipient of the Platinum Service Award Winner from the Vail Valley Partnership and was named the Vail Valley Green Business of the Year in 2009. With condominiums ranging from studio suites up to four bedrooms and plenty of space to spread out, each room at the Antlers offers all the comforts of home including fully-equipped kitchens, fireplaces, outdoor balconies, free Internet access and free parking. The Antlers Vail is conveniently located in Vail’s Lionshead area with numerous restaurants, galleries and shops within walking distance, and the free Vail town shuttle stops just footsteps away. For more information, call 1-800-843-8245 or visit the Antlers web site at www.antlersvail.com.