As you may know, Antlers at Vail will undergo a $5 million renovation this summer that will transform the hotel’s lobby, front desk, reception area and associated office spaces while providing a new relocated elevator to speed guests to upper levels. This is very exciting, but it does mean that there will be construction impacts April 22 – December 10, 2019.
If you choose to stay with us this summer, you have received an already published discounted construction rate. But we want to be sure you understand what that means. So, here’s what we are expecting summer 2019.
- The courtyard will be closed and inaccessible. It will be a hard hat area where guests will not be permitted.
- All exterior hallways will be partitioned with plywood for protection from construction in the courtyard. This means no natural light at condo entries or views into the courtyard.
- The front desk will be relocated to the ski locker area on the east side of the building just past the garage entrance.
- On-site parking will be limited. It is possible that you may be asked to park at the Lionshead parking structure using a complimentary parking pass.
- Unfortunately, there will be no early check in or late check out available.
- Like most Vail hotel properties, Antlers at Vail does not offer air conditioning. We do have extra fans available should you not wish to open your windows due to construction activities.
- At times elevator usage may be limited as the elevators will also be used by the construction crews.
- The bulk of the construction noise will be from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Construction activities will occur outside of these hours (Monday through Saturday, 7 am – 7 pm) but with lesser noise impacts. Construction noise is most likely to be loudest in April and May, as well as late fall.
- Due to noise impacts from April 22 through December 10, 2019 we are asking that pets never be left unattended in the rooms. This is for their own well being.
- At some point likely late August or early September the guest laundry room will be inaccessible.
The area that will NOT be impacted by the construction is the pool and the back-river side of the building. We hope you will visit and enjoy your home-away-from-home but we understand if this isn’t the summer for you.
Have you already booked? Does this sound like too much for you? Please call us at 800-843-8245 by April 22, 2019 to cancel your reservation with no penalty. It is not our intention to discourage you, but to give you a clear picture of what to expect during your visit. If this isn’t too much for you, we are looking forward to experiencing this amazing renovation adventure with you!
Want to follow along on our construction journey. Bookmark the construction update page of our blog and check back for the most up to date information!
Information updated as of May 2, 2019.