The Antlers’ core values are Integrity, Excellence, Empowerment, Compassion, and Relationships. These values guide us in all we do and shine through in how we treat our guests, owners and staff.
While some businesses offer many of the same benefits as the Antlers. Such as health, dental and vision insurance; health savings accounts; supporting education and providing educational opportunities; 401K; flexible schedules; employee housing; ski passes; free parking; book clubs; etc. The reason behind providing these benefits sets us apart. Oftentimes benefits are offered as a hook to hire and retain employees and are seen as just part of the bottom line. At the Antlers, these benefits are offered because the Antlers owners and management truly believe in enriching the lives of the employees and their families. The Antlers is not just about the bottom line, it is about creating an inclusive, supportive, encouraging environment.
We support and encouraged our housekeepers to earn their GEDs. Four of them have accomplished this. Antlers offers in-house English classes. We support any staff member who wants to learn Spanish. A budget is available for employees to advance career related education. When possible we promote internally.
Every employee can use 4 hours of their work time per month to volunteer for an organization of their choice. In addition, as a group we volunteer for community organizations, participate in a community trash clean up day (and encourage our guests to help us by offering them a free night’s stay). Once a year, the Antlers staff volunteers their time to put on our “Pay It Forward” even celebrating regional non-profits with a reception and weekend of lodging for the and their families.
Current Job Opportunities
Front Desk Agent
Represents the property to the guests and owners throughout all stages of their stay. Takes reservations, assigns rooms, helps guests with check-in and check-out, and accommodates special requests whenever possible.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to chad (at) antlersvail.com.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates and discount offers.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and aids in making choices. Knows deposit and cancellation policies.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Works with group sales department to take group reservations and direct attendees to meeting locations.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, and special requests.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Must be able to work independently and as a team player. Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
Experience: Previous hotel-related experience preferred but not necessary.
Physical: On occasion may need to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Hospitality Engineer – MAINTENANCE Technician
The Antlers in Lionshead is looking to fill a Maintenance Technician position in our Engineering Department. Here at the Antlers we strive to provide an excellent owner and guest experience among all of our family owned condominiums. We operate together with our owners, guests, and coworkers as a family. Our employees are our #1 asset.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to dcollins (at) antlersvail.com
- Repair & upkeep to family owned condo units
- Exterior property upkeep & repairs
- Drywall texturing, replacement, & repair
- Painting & wood staining
- Plumbing installation, repair, valve replacement, flapper, filler, and wax ring replacement
- Pool and Spa water chemistry and pool mech room maintenance
- Electrical diagnosis and repair of elec baseboard heat, motors, fans, water heaters, ballasts, lighting and
- Fluorescent ballast and bulb replacement
- Appliance troubleshooting and repair
- Natural gas fireplace general maintenance
- Boiler/mech room and HVAC general maintenance and repairs
- Ability to independently problem solve and use different resources to complete numerous tasks
- Background in Maintenance, Construction, Electrical, Plumbing, or HVAC
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team and with other departments
- Experience with guests and customer service
- Ability to manage Work Orders and Emails on computer
- Basic audio/video technical support
- Ability to lift to 100 lbs and get hands dirty
WAGES: Competitive and dependent on experience