The Antlers’ core values are Integrity, Excellence, Empowerment, Compassion, and Relationships. These values guide us in all we do and shine through in how we treat our guests, owners and staff.
While some businesses offer many of the same benefits as the Antlers. Such as health, dental and vision insurance; health savings accounts; supporting education and providing educational opportunities; 401K; flexible schedules; employee housing; ski passes; free parking; book clubs; etc. The reason behind providing these benefits sets us apart. Oftentimes benefits are offered as a hook to hire and retain employees and are seen as just part of the bottom line. At the Antlers, these benefits are offered because the Antlers owners and management truly believe in enriching the lives of the employees and their families. The Antlers is not just about the bottom line, it is about creating an inclusive, supportive, encouraging environment.
We support and encouraged our housekeepers to earn their GEDs. Four of them have accomplished this. Antlers offers in-house English classes. We support any staff member who wants to learn Spanish. A budget is available for employees to advance career related education. When possible we promote internally.
Every employee can use 4 hours of their work time per month to volunteer for an organization of their choice. In addition, as a group we volunteer for community organizations, participate in a community trash clean up day (and encourage our guests to help us by offering them a free night’s stay). Once a year, the Antlers staff volunteers their time to put on our “Pay It Forward” even celebrating regional non-profits with a reception and weekend of lodging for the and their families.
Current Job Opportunities
Front Desk Supervisor Auditor
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to cmanning (at) antlersvail.com
You are the evening manager and the go-to for our front desk agents at night. You set the tone with a professional dress, personable helpful demeanor, and the ability to stay calm in challenging situations.
Besides working a position at the Front Desk, finishing a daily Night Audit – your decisions made in the late afternoon/evenings will be forwarded on in communication to management the next morning.
Your duties are a bit of everything from greeting, checking in, accommodating our guests needs, completing a daily Night Audit, taking reservation calls to be a handy person getting a tv/fireplace going.
The most important part of this position is the ability to focus on the attention to detail.
Key Areas of Accountability
- You are the manager in the late afternoons/evening and will be making decisions
- You will complete a daily night audit, closing out our daily books. • Managing your staff as co-workers while working with supervisors creating the positive work environment we strive for
- Checking nightly next day arrivals and guests’ requests
- The managing of our coffee bar and its nightly cleaning/stocking • Greet, register, and assign room numbers to guests. Issue room keys and familiarize guests with the services and information the Antlers at Vail has to offer.
- Making sure Guest Folios are correct and paid
- Answer and Handle all incoming telephone calls efficiently and accurately.
- Act as a key communications link. Responsible for clear and effective communication between co-workers, management, and departments.
- Post Charges and Collect Payment such as Pet Fees, Food Charges or miscellaneous to Guest Folio
- Perform a daily bucket check to make sure all guests in house and checking in are accurate and up to date
- Be the Liaison between Housekeeping/Maintenance and our Guests
- Follow safety and security standards at all times
- Keep up to date with current rates, packages and promotions • Help with Reservations calls
- Concierge Tasks & Familiarity with Vail and area
- Closing of Pool and Hot Tub at 10pm Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- College degree preferred
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Skill of taking notes, paying attention to detail and following up
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License and Insurability
- Ability to type 30+ wpm
- Must be able to leave cell phone in pocket or to side
- Ability to lift to 30lbs and get hands dirty
Hospitality Engineer – MAINTENANCE Technician
The Antlers in Lionshead is looking to fill a Maintenance Technician position in our Engineering Department. Here at the Antlers we strive to provide an excellent owner and guest experience among all of our family owned condominiums. We operate together with our owners, guests, and coworkers as a family. Our employees are our #1 asset.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to dcollins (at) antlersvail.com
-Repair & upkeep to family owned condo units
-Exterior property upkeep & repairs
-Drywall texturing, replacement, & repair
-Painting & wood staining
-Plumbing installation, repair, valve replacement, flapper, filler, and wax ring replacement
-Pool and Spa water chemistry and pool mech room maintenance
-Electrical diagnosis and repair of elec baseboard heat, motors, fans, water heaters, ballasts, lighting and
-Fluorescent ballast and bulb replacement
-Appliance troubleshooting and repair
-Natural gas fireplace general maintenance
-Boiler/mech room and HVAC general maintenance and repairs
-Ability to independently problem solve and use different resources to complete numerous tasks
-Background in Maintenance, Construction, Electrical, Plumbing, or HVAC
-Positive attitude and ability to work as a team and with other departments
-Experience with guests and customer service
-Ability to manage Work Orders and Emails on computer
-Basic audio/video technical support
WAGES: Competitive and dependent on experience