The Antlers’ core values are Integrity, Excellence, Empowerment, Compassion, and Relationships. These values guide us in all we do and shine through in how we treat our guests, owners and staff.
While some businesses offer many of the same benefits as the Antlers. Such as health, dental and vision insurance; health savings accounts; supporting education and providing educational opportunities; 401K; flexible schedules; employee housing; ski passes; free parking; book clubs; etc. The reason behind providing these benefits sets us apart. Oftentimes benefits are offered as a hook to hire and retain employees and are seen as just part of the bottom line. At the Antlers, these benefits are offered because the Antlers owners and management truly believe in enriching the lives of the employees and their families. The Antlers is not just about the bottom line, it is about creating an inclusive, supportive, encouraging environment.
We support and encouraged our housekeepers to earn their GEDs. Four of them have accomplished this. Antlers offers in-house English classes. We support any staff member who wants to learn Spanish. A budget is available for employees to advance career related education. When possible we promote internally.
Every employee can use 4 hours of their work time per month to volunteer for an organization of their choice. In addition, as a group we volunteer for community organizations, participate in a community trash clean up day (and encourage our guests to help us by offering them a free night’s stay). Once a year, the Antlers staff volunteers their time to put on our “Pay It Forward” even celebrating regional non-profits with a reception and weekend of lodging for the and their families.
Current Job Opportunities
Group and Conference Services Sales Manager
The Candidate is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all group accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. He/she is also responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating functions and guest rooms for assigned group accounts, in accordance with hotel policies and quality standards, to ensure customer satisfaction, maximize profitability and generate return business.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to rkelsey (at) antlersvail.com
SALES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weekly updates with Director of Sales and Revenue
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Operate the Group and Conference Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and weekend office coverage as scheduled.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales and Revenue.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Antlers at Vail sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales and Revenue to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
Previous sales or managerial experience in Hospitality/Lodging industry’s. Must be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. Ability to multi-task in busy environment.
College degree or Minimum 4 to 5 years’ sales experience in a similar role preferred, with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
Front Desk Agent
Represents the property to the guests and owners throughout all stages of their stay. Takes reservations, assigns rooms, helps guests with check-in and check-out, and accommodates special requests whenever possible.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to chad (at) antlersvail.com.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates and discount offers.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and aids in making choices. Knows deposit and cancellation policies.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Works with group sales department to take group reservations and direct attendees to meeting locations.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, and special requests.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Must be able to work independently and as a team player. Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
Experience: Previous hotel-related experience preferred but not necessary.
Physical: On occasion may need to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Hospitality Engineer – MAINTENANCE Technician
The Antlers in Lionshead is looking to fill a Maintenance Technician position in our Engineering Department. Here at the Antlers we strive to provide an excellent owner and guest experience among all of our family owned condominiums. We operate together with our owners, guests, and coworkers as a family. Our employees are our #1 asset.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to dcollins (at) antlersvail.com
- Repair & upkeep to family owned condo units
- Exterior property upkeep & repairs
- Drywall texturing, replacement, & repair
- Painting & wood staining
- Plumbing installation, repair, valve replacement, flapper, filler, and wax ring replacement
- Pool and Spa water chemistry and pool mech room maintenance
- Electrical diagnosis and repair of elec baseboard heat, motors, fans, water heaters, ballasts, lighting and
- Fluorescent ballast and bulb replacement
- Appliance troubleshooting and repair
- Natural gas fireplace general maintenance
- Boiler/mech room and HVAC general maintenance and repairs
- Ability to independently problem solve and use different resources to complete numerous tasks
- Background in Maintenance, Construction, Electrical, Plumbing, or HVAC
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team and with other departments
- Experience with guests and customer service
- Ability to manage Work Orders and Emails on computer
- Basic audio/video technical support
- Ability to lift to 100 lbs and get hands dirty
WAGES: Competitive and dependent on experience